Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day (the holiday, not the real thing!)

Happy Labor Day! I'm also 35 weeks pregnant today and will have completed 8 mos of pregnancy. I have 4 weeks and 3 days left until my c-section! It's also our nephew Daniel's 8th birthday today, and will be Connor's 1/2 birthday tomorrow! Happy Birthday Daniel, and happy 4 1/2 to Connor! Jeff is BBQing ribs and beans today and we are going to hang out with our neighbors Robbie & Linda for dinner. I worked 3 12 hour shifts all weekend, so I'm pretty pooped today. I also had some excitement and had to transfer a patient up to ICU on Saturday. I don't really need the adrenaline that often, but I manage to get some now and then. I guess that's why I don't participate in extreme sports!

Jeff & Connor getting the grill started:


Connor 4 1/2 (It's his 1/2 birthday tomorrow):



Here is my 35 wk pg shot:


Also, our basement is coming along. They got started with the doors and trim on Friday, so all the doors are installed, but not stained yet, and they will be doing wood trim this week as well as staining everything.

Connor finished swimming lessons last week too. I think we are going to take a break over fall and part of winter and start them up again in the spring. He made great strides in the past year and is doing really well. Now our next adventure in sports is hockey! He starts in November, every Saturday and Sunday (I think this will mostly be a Daddy and Connor venture with Mommy and baby showing up occasionally for support!) They don't really play games, but just learn. He only has to be able to stand on skates, and he can do that plus shuffle around a bit. He's excited to start.

1 comment:

The O'Malleys said...

Your basement project looks great, and I can't believe how big Connor is now! Love the pic of your belly too...cute!! Can't wait to find out if you're having a girl or boy...October 4th is approaching fast!!

Luv Anne