Friday, September 21, 2007

2 weeks to go!

2 Weeks to go from yesterday and we get to meet our baby! I still don't have any strong feeling as to what it is, but my patient's mother said "You're having a boy right?". I also had a dream last week that the doctor who is doing my surgery did an ultrasound and called me later to say I was having a girl. I don't know what to think! I am anxious to find out and to be done with being pregnant, but I also have strong recollections that babies are much easier to take care of on the inside!! I really can't complain. I have had a wonderful pregnancy and am feeling well still. I am sleeping ok for the most part too, and just need to get up maybe once at night to go to the bathroom. My hips are a little sore today though because my mom and I worked hard yesterday getting the guest room/computer room dismantled and started getting it a little closer to being the baby's room.

Our basement is nearly done, and I think Jeff and I are really ready to be done with people coming in and out and just having the mess in general. We are ready to make it our own. Today they got the granite countertops in and also the bathroom fixtures. The appliances were supposed to be here today, but apparently are on a truck from Chicago and should be here by Monday and be hooked up by Tues. I also ordered a sectional and a cocktail table which may not be here until mid-November. I'm trying to talk Jeff into moving our old couch back down there in the meantime, but I think he'd rather throw it in a junk heap! It would be nice to have someplace to sit though, so we'll see.

I have my 20th High School reunion tomorrow night, so I will have to post some photos of it later. Should be fun.


Here are some updated photos of the basement and a lovely shot of me after working a 12 hour shift! (Only 4 1/2 shifts left! Yipee!)


Bar:
Tile floor in bar area (thank you Dave Roberts for giving us your tile discount!):

Bathroom:


Jeff & Connor watching Star Wars on our new TV:
Me at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant (the scrubs are sooo flattering!):

No comments: