Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mexico


Well, it's been about a month since I returned from Mexico for my girls trip, and I am finally getting around to posting my photos. We really had a wonderful time. It was too short of course, but it was still great to get away from it all and enjoy some gorgeous weather as well as the company of 5 women who have been my dear friends for 25 years now. I am so blessed to have such a great network of friends. There were a few who couldn't come too, but hopefully next time. A beach vacation is really my favorite kind, and I did exactly what I wanted to do: read my book on the beach, listen to music and drink tropical drinks! It was perfect! We ended up going to an all-inclusive place which ended up being really great. We didn't have to worry about splitting up the bill or figuring out the exchange rate, and we didn't have to worry about being on a schedule or leaving the hotel for meals. The food and all the drinks were really good too. It would be great to do with the kids and Jeff someday. I know they would love it too. We had such a great time it almost makes it worthwhile to turn 40! (Almost). I've got a few months left though, so until then I'm hanging on to 39 for dear life!

My Amigas:
Nancy, Margaret, Me, Michele, Kristin & Andrea

The poolside bar at Riu Yucatan:


Hanging by the pool bar:


Andrea & Me:


Beautiful waves:

Some of the locals:

Ahhh, the feeling of sand between my toes:


The beach scene at the Riu Yucatan:


A coatamundi:

No comments: