Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th/Porter is 9 months old!

Porter had his first haircut, a whole year and four months before his brother had to have his first haircut! I figured it was time when a woman at the grocery store said "Your little girl is so cute!" He just got a little trim at Kids Hair. He does look a lot more little boyish now!

Before:


During:


After:

Hmm, I think I'll just eat this sticker:


What do you do with this thing?


Oh, I'll just eat it:


We celebrated the 4th of July by going over to our neighbors to swim, and then a barbeque at my parents' house. We just watched fireworks from our windows at home. Oh, and Porter was 9 months old on the 4th. He's almost crawling and starting to do lots of fun tricks like shaking his head "No, no, no", blowing, doing Wild Indian noises with his mouth, and doing "So Big". He is still a crazy man in the tub and I feel like I need a wet suit to bathe him. He splashes all over and just loves the water. He has had fun in the pool too. As you can see he is quite actively teething as well. He wants to chomp on anything that he can get remotely close to his mouth.

Connor flying off the slide:


Porter splashing:


The boys with Daddy in the hot tub:


Boys with Papa Dan:


I'm going to eat the edge of the tub too:


wrecking Mom's display:


Almost crawling:


Trying to pull up on the table, but mostly trying to eat it:



Jeff worked hard all weekend getting Connor's room painted. He rearranged the furniture last weekend. We still need to add a few finishing touches like a valance and some wall art, but I think it looks great. He did a great job and Connor really likes his "new room". At least we finally got rid of the pink wall in his room!


Our next big project is to get Porter's room finished. We still have the computer in there and are planning on painting it green with tan circles. I will post an after picture when we are done.

Before Porter's room redo:


And finally, a funny Connor story. He was driving me nuts the other day, and I said "You're going to give me a nervous breakdown. He said "what's a breakdown?" I said "I would need to go to a mental hospital for some peace and quiet". He said "Could we visit you there?". Gotta love that kid. He keeps me entertained that's for sure!

2 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

He looks so cute with his new haircut! Looks like ya'll had fun, you look fantastic by the way! Your little guys are adorable!

Kim said...

Love the haircut! Justin has had two already! He has more hair than all the girls his age! Love the water slide photos! Oh, do you ever feed that kid? - he seems to chew on everything in site! lol