Saturday, April 5, 2008

Porter is 6 months old!









Porter is 6 months old! I can't believe half a year has passed already since he was born! Time flies. He now has 2 teeth and is just a drool machine. He can shove his whole fist in his mouth trying to chew on it. It now hurts to let him gnaw on your finger. It's like he has sharp little puppy teeth! He's sitting up really well now. He will have his 6 month check-up on Monday. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is the flat spot on the back of his head. He still sleeps only on his back. I'm also a little concerned about him not rolling so much. He could care less about it. He still hasn't rolled from back to front, and he really doesn't roll from front to back much either. I suppose I have been spending more time having him sit than doing tummy time though, so maybe I should put him on his tummy more. He barfs a lot on his tummy so sometimes that's why I don't put him on it as much.

My parents are finally back from Florida and are coming over for dinner tonight. I talked with them on the phone a lot, but I really missed having them around. I missed having them see the boys too, so I'm looking forward to having them see what they are up to. I really am so blessed to have them 10 minutes away from us. Not that I want to think about it, but you never know when they won't be here any longer. My Dad is 81 and my mom is 76, and they are both in great health, but I never want to take that for granted. I'm just so lucky they can be a part of my boys lives and that my boys can get to know their grandparents. I wish they could see Jeff's mom more. We need to get down to Chicago again soon. Jeff's sister and family are moving to Dallas in June I think, and we will really miss having them only 6 hours away. I'm sure we will plan a trip to Chicago before they move.

Finally the weather is getting nicer here in MN. We had a huge snowstorm on March 31st and now we have had some nice weather and most of the snow has melted. I think it might have reached the 60s yesterday and will probably today again too. Connor has been out on his bike a few times and has been enjoying getting outside more. Jeff is out on his bike as I type and I know he's looking forward to bike racing season. He's planning on buying a new time trial bike this year. Oh joy, one more bike in our garage!

Here is our deck on Monday:

2 comments:

Kim said...

Brian and Sean sat up early and were 'late' at rolling over too. The didn't care for belly time and only wanted to sit or stand in their jump-up or exersaucer! Justin loved belly time and rolled and crawled much earlier than them - but he sat up later! Hope that helps!

Mom and Wife said...

I love the tub shots! I might have to steal that!