Saturday, March 15, 2008

St Patrick's Day!

So today was the St Patrick's Day parade in St Paul. A group of my friends marched in honor of my friend Firg who died in November. Firg's real name was Barbara Fitzpatrick, and both of us are Irish and loved celebrating St Patrick's Day together, which all of us did for many years. We usually would go to the Landmark Center, watch the parade and go enjoy some Irish cultural stuff like Irish Dancing and singing etc. We usually had a beer or two as well, so that's what we all did today. It was a lot of fun. My friend Michele's husband Bob, who is actually from Scotland came along fully dressed in his garb and played the bagpipes while we were walking the parade route. Firg would have loved it! I really missed having her there with us today.

Porter & me at the Landmark:


Friends O' Firg:

Porter ready for St Pat's:



The "Irish Castle":


Bob playing the bagpipes:


Finally a few birthday photos of Jeff & Connor. We celebrated Jeff's birthday on Saturday March 8th, which is his birthday, but also Connor got in on extending his birthday which was March 4th. My brother Mike, sister-in-law Lisa and their boys Louie & Michael came over to help us celebrate, as well as my sister-in-law Peggy and niece Katie who left early to watch Katie's high school team, Hill-Murray win the State High School Hockey Tournament!! Yeah Hill-Murray!

Jeff & Connor celebrating their birthdays:





My nephews Louie & Michael with Porter & Connor:




No comments: