Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Update

Well, my breast ultrasound went well. They did see a fluid-filled cyst on ultrasound, but no intervention needs to be done unless it becomes painful, then they can do a needle aspiration if needed. So, I was hoping it would be nothing. I'm glad I went in to get it checked out, and am relieved that it's nothing major.

I am currently at work, and so far it is going ok. Jeff said getting them to daycare went fine today. I spoke with my daycare provider, and she said Porter has not taken more than 2 oz of milk yet today as of lunch time. Hopefully he will if he gets hungry enough. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period, and then he will do ok when he figures out that's the only way he will get food when he's there. She said he wasn't too fussy and was going down for naps fine.

So far I haven't been too emotional at work yet, but I did wear waterproof mascara just in case! I have had my emotions pretty close to the surface for the past 2 days and have been tearing up on and off. It's just so hard when you have carried a baby in your body for 9 months and then been with them pretty much 24/7 for the next 3 mos. I just felt pretty sad about being separated from him. Connor & I were both a little weepy last night at bedtime. He wanted to know why I was sad about going back to work, and I just said "because I'm going to miss you guys", but I could hardly get it out. I don't really want him to see me like that because then he gets sad, but I couldn't help it. Jeff doesn't get it, but I guess it's a mom thing.

Porter did well last night sleeping. He went to bed at around 9 and got up around 3 and then 5:40am which was fine because then I got a chance to feed him before going to work. I would have gotten a nice stretch of sleep but Connor woke up around 11 screaming. See, Murphy's Law of Mothers really does happen! He gets night terrors sometimes, and I think sometimes they happen when he has to go to the bathroom. He was only up for about 10 min though and then went back to bed. Hopefully I will get more rest tonight.

I hope the going back to work thing continues to go well, and that Porter starts eating normally at Marylee's.

No comments: