Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas craze

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am ready to just get on with the holidays! There always seems to be one more gift that you should buy, and it makes me feel nuts just thinking about it.

We are packing up and going to Chicago to spend Christmas with Jeff's family. Jeff said something about a snowstorm there on Saturday which is when we were planning on leaving, so I guess we'll play our departure by ear depending on the weather. It will be Porter's first roadtrip. I hope he does well.

He has been a champ lately in the sleep department, so I'm psyched about that. He has had 5 nights in a row where he has slept 5-6 hour stretches!! I think I'm safe saying that now and not jinxing myself since there have been several nights in a row. Of course a few of those nights I have been woken up by Connor during the big stretch, so I haven't gotten 5-6 hours. Must be some sort of Mommy Murphy's Law or something, that when your baby starts sleeping through the night your other child will awaken you! Anyway, I feel like we are falling into some sort of rhythm and getting a bit of a schedule, which I'm sure my daycare provider will appreciate!

After we return from Chicago, some of Jeff's family will be coming up for Porter's baptism on December 30th. So, we will have a busy but fun holiday season, and before you know it my return to work day will be here on January 8th. It's hard to believe. I keep saying that, but I feel like Porter's babyhood is going by so fast. I'm sure he'll do fine at Marylee's (my daycare provider), and I know Connor will love having him there with him. He's very proud of him and wants to show him to everyone when we are at preschool or daycare.

Here is our Christmas photo:


And here are a few cute photos of Porter in the shirt that my friend Keri gave him:



He has just been so fun and smiley lately and he is really getting "talkative" with all the cooing. It's fun to see his little personality emerge. I could just smooch him up!

4 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Nancy, Nancy...

Isn't that Porter?

You might want to re-read that. Anyhoo, have fun in Chicago and happy travels! I hope that snow storm doesn't come until after you get there.

Heidi Sue

Nancy, Jeff, Connor & Porter said...

Thanks Heidi Sue! Mommy of 2 brain kicking in!

6 Monkeys and Me said...

Your Christmas card picture is beautiful. I love it. I hope the bad weather doesn't hinder your drive Saturday. I am meeting up with my girlfriends downtown Chicago Saturday night for dinner at 8 so I hope it isn't too bad down there either. I would love to meet you one of these times you are in Chicago.

Moiya said...

Greetings from Florida! Saddened to hear of the death of your good friend Firg - our sincerest condolences for your loss. We enjoy keeping up with you and the kids from afar. Hope you can keep up the post when you go back to work (ugh!) Have a safe trip to Chicago. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!! Love, Douglas & Moiya