Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween & Porter 4 weeks

Well, hopefully you have found us at the new address. It's been a busy week with Halloween and all. We had a lot of fun, but Connor did not want us to take his picture, so I don't have one of him in his costume. He was a Clone Trooper from Star Wars. He went out with Jeff and our neighbors, Kirk, Carter, Olivia and their cousins. I think they had a really fun time and got lots of candy too! Porter and I stayed home and handed out candy.

Here is a photo of Porter in his Halloween outfit we got from our neighbors:



Here he is with Grandma Joanie:


Here are Connor and Porter snuggled up for storytime:



Porter @ 4weeks:


We made the trip up to Taylor's Falls for the bike race that Jeff's team sponsors. It ended up being a beautiful sunny day, and we really enjoyed being outdoors. There were a lot of fun costumes some of the bikers had on too. My co-worker Tina also did the race, and helped me with Porter & Connor after she was done.




Porter has started to be a little more vocal and has been up a lot at night lately. I haven't been getting much rest, and have been a bit cranky as a result. I try to use the days when Connor is at daycare to catch up on naps, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I am definitely getting by on less sleep this time around, and most of the time I feel like I am managing fine despite this. Other times I feel like I would die for a good 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Jeff and I were talking in the middle of the night about how someday we'll get a full night's rest again. He said 6 months, but I think that may be a little optimistic.

Today is the one year anniversary of Jeff's Dad's death. I'm thinking about him a lot today, and it would have been so nice if he could have met Porter. Porter is named after Wish's brother Robert Porter, who went by Porter. He died when he was just 22 years old, from appendicitis. We never knew him, but really liked the name. I hope that Wish would have liked that we used Porter's name. We sure miss having him around.

Here are a couple of photos of Wish and Connor when he was 7 mos old. Wish sure loved babies.



No comments: