Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Survived Vegas & Other Fun

So, our trip to Vegas is over. We survived. Jeff and I both say that we can check that off our list and never return. I would be more interested in seeing some of the surrounding sites like the Hoover Dam or just some of the desert in general. We did go to a show at The Excalibur, which was sort of a Knights dueling on horses kind of a thing. The kids thought it was great. We also walked along The Strip and looked at hotels etc. The kids enjoyed going to Gameworks. I really liked the fountain show at the Bellagio. I would probably enjoy seeing more shows, but it just wasn't feasible with small children. By the way, the kids really did great. They both tolerated the plane ride without major incident, except for the return trip when we were landing. Connor's ears got pressurized and wouldn't pop. He cried for several minutes and then fell asleep! He slept right through the landing!

Here is the only photo I got of our airplane ride before my camera battery died:



Our hotel The Platinum Hotel & Spa was great. We had a ton of space and a kitchen, so that was nice. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was very nice. Out of the 9 grandchildren, 7 are boys and they are 13 and under. They were crazy on the dance floor, sliding around, breakdancing, you name it. I'm sure Yuri's nice respectable Japanese parents were mortified by our ill-behaved children! They had a blast, and I think we were the only people in that section of the hotel, so hopefully we didn't bother anyone. I was so bummed to find out that our rechargeable camera battery was no longer rechargeable! I ended up getting a disposable camera, but of course it ran out of pictures before the reception, so I will have to rely on getting photos e-mailed to me. I even managed to drive us all home to our hotel since I was the most sober! Scary thought, but I made it down the strip and got us all home safely, despite the fact that we broke some laws about how many people were in our car at one time.

It was great seeing Jeff's sibs and their families and his mom, and having Porter meet all of them for the first time. One bummer was that our two-year old nephew Tyler had a stomach virus most of the time and was feeling pretty bad. I think Connor caught some version of this since he had diarrhea (sorry TMI) and threw up once yesterday. It was quite the geyser of vomit which landed in the decorative basket full of magazines in our half-bath! Good thing the magazines were old since they went right in the trash. I had bad visions of him vomiting for 48 hours like Tyler did, but I think maybe it was just an isolated event. He seems to feel well today, and yesterday I mostly limited him to Gatorade and rice. I'm just hoping everyone is well for Thanksgiving, which we will be spending at my brother Tom & Jenny's house.

I had my 6 week post partum visit on Monday and brought Porter in to see the girls at work. They all said "He's huge!", so we had to get him weighed. I thought he'd be around 11 or 12 lbs, so I was really surprised when the scale said 12 lbs 9.8oz, so he's gained 5 lbs in 6 weeks!! He is pretty huge! He certainly likes to eat a lot and doesn't miss any meals, so I guess all that milk I've been making has been doing some good. I'm curious to see what he weighs at his 2 month check-up. I had to look back in Connor's baby book to see how much he weighed, and it was 13lbs 3oz at 2 mos. I don't have a 6 week weight to compare, so I'll have to wait and see.

Here is Porter in a cute sleeper that my friend Natalie got for him:

I'll add more photos later when I get my film developed.

Here are some more photos, though the disposable camera I got really stunk, so they are all grainy:

Dave & Yuri saying vows:
The 6 Ingham boy grandchildren (minus Porter):

Jeff & I on the Bellagio Terrace:

Dave & Yuri cutting cake:

Porter on our hotel bed:

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

He is HUGE! Maddox was 15 lbs 11 ounces at his 2 month check-up, so get to feeding Porter so Maddox has good competition. Glad to hear the trip went well and you're all home safe. So sorry to hear about your friend passing. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Heidi Sue