Thursday, September 4, 2008

Connor's First Day of Kindergarten!!

Mmm Reese's puffs & Rice krispies:


Kindergarten Day breakfast:


Hug with Mom:


Connor's Big Day:


Connor & Greta:


Connor started kindergarten yesterday, and all of us survived! I shed a few tears at the bus stop (Jeff thought I was wacko, but he's not a mother!). Luckily our friend and babysitter, Greta came over to ride the bus with Connor and it was a great comfort to me to know that he wouldn't be alone, and that she would introduce him to some of her friends so he will have a friendly face on future bus rides. The night before I asked him how he was feeling about starting school, and he said "scared". It just ripped at my mother's heart. Poor guy. He was worried, but he did just great. I think he had a pretty good day, though he said he didn't make any friends. Normally he is quite social and always will ask a kid what their name is, but I'm sure he just needs to get in his comfort zone first. I tried to encourage him to meet 3 kids today, so we'll see how that goes.

The only thing that he was upset about, and frankly I was too, is that they had rest time, and some kids had a towel to lay on, but we were never told to bring one, so he had to lie on the floor. He was rather upset about this, and then I felt terrible and started to get teary about it and so did he. So there we are sitting at the table after school boo-hooing about him not having a towel to lay on! Well, he has one in his backpack today, so life should be ok. Also, he was miffed that he only got one graham cracker for snack yesterday morning!

Today I brought him to Extended Day Care since he will be going 3 days a week on the days I am working. He will have breakfast there and then go into his class when school starts. Today he was off and playing before I had a chance to say goodbye. Our neighbors Carter & Olivia were there too, so that helped.

So, he's come to the beginning of his school career and he did great. Gosh, he will be in school for the next 12-16 years!! Glad he got off to a good start!

Waiting at the bus stop:


Waving goodbye:

Getting on the bus: (this is where mom was getting teary)


Getting off the bus at school:


Going in to school:

No comments: