Thursday, October 11, 2007

One Week Old

Porter is one week old today! We are both doing well at home. Today is the first day we are home alone. Jeff went back to work today and brought Connor to daycare. I remember feeling all alone and a bit anxious when Jeff went back to work after Connor was born, but today I just feel relaxed and glad to have a bit of time alone with Porter. Connor was reluctant to go and just wanted to stay home with me today, but I know he will have fun playing with his friends and will have a structured day with lots of play time that I am not completely up to just yet. I think it will be nice to have him there twice a week so I can catch up on rest and he can have some structure to his week.

Pain-wise I am doing great. I haven't taken any percocet today, or ibuprofen to think of it, but I probably should take a dose of that. My incision seems to be healing well, and the breastfeeding is getting a little less sore. Porter is eating great and has already surpassed his birth weight and is now 7 lbs 14 oz!! We had the home care nurse come out yesterday and check him out. He seems to be slightly jaundiced, but I think with how well he is eating it will subside soon. He has his well-baby visit with the pediatrician next Wed. He did pretty well last night with feedings, waking me at 11pm, 1:40 and 5am, then up at 7:45, which was ok because I got up with Connor and helped to see him and Jeff off for the day. Porter went back to sleep after eating and didn't wake up until 10:45. Things feel so different with the 2nd child. I feel like I'm so much more productive when he's sleeping than I was the first time. I guess it's just being used to being a mom and multi-tasking that helps. I should really take advantage of it and catch up on rest myself though too. I think I'll take a nap this afternoon.

Porter getting his bath today:


Porter watching his mobile:


Ahhh sleeping baby:


Cute photo when we were in the hospital:

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

Oh, he's just so cute! I love his hair! I'm glad to hear the second one is a little more relaxed. Enjoy that little guy because he'll be 1 before you know it. I can't believe Maddox turns one in 2 weeks! Where does the time go?

Heidi Sue