Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hopping on the Blogwagon

Well, I figure it's about time I hopped on the Blogwagon, since most of my bulletin board friends from BabyCenter have one, and all of the girls at work have one too!
First, I guess I will share how I got to this point in my life. I have been married to Jeff for 8 years now. We had Connor 4 1/2 years ago after a 1 year struggle with infertility which required us to use Clomid to bring him into our family. When Connor was a little over 1, we decided we were ready to add to our family, and began a 2 1/2 year journey of secondary infertility. In January of this year, we did our second cycle of IVF with a new reproductive endocrinologist, and were lucky enough to get pregnant the first cycle! Here are the 2 embryos we transferred on Jan 18th:



On January 28th, we got the good news:




And, at 7 weeks pregnant, we found out that one of the two embryos made themselves at home:





We were thrilled to see a tiny fluttering heart, and to realize that we were finally going to be blessed with another baby! I think I was still nervous about the pregnancy continuing, and about making it through all of the critical points. We have been so fortunate that everything has gone well, and now I am just 6 1/2 weeks away from meeting our little one! Here are a few more shots of pregnancy progress:

12 weeks pregnant:



20 Week ultrasound:

6 months pregnant. Connor loves to kiss my belly, especially if he thinks he is being naughty, like I will forgive him if he's being sweet! But really, he is very excited about having a new sibling, and is really hoping for a baby sister. I can't wait to find out if it's going to be a boy or a girl!


Ok, gotta run for now, I will try to figure out more about this whole thing later and refine it a bit!

No comments: